The Garage Art Group is open to all and its emphasis is on the benefits of Art to Health.
The aims of the Group include:
· reducing isolation and loneliness
· enhancing the confidence of students through a sense of achievement
· breaking down any social barriers and stigma relating to the client group
· being accessible and welcoming to all
· students to feel in a ‘safe’ environment
· students to enjoy art and improve their artistic and creative skills
· stimulating students to direct their thoughts into positive creativity
· ensuring confidentiality in groups so students are able to discuss matters important to them - should they wish to
· improving social skills and developing a support group amongst the students
· encouraging students with other activities within the community to further develop independence
Garage Art Group's staff are all DBS checked and follow Safeguarding Policy.
We are a self funding registered charity and so rely on grants, fundraising and other generosity to enable us to continue our work. Any help is much appreciated! The Group welcomes volunteers and work experience students - please get in touch if you are interested.
Huge thanks to Reel Eyes Films CIC and Wychavon District Council for this film.